<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Where my money goes to

Monday, March 02, 2009

It's only the second day of March but I've already spent more money than I was supposed to for the month.

I just paid money for Sunburst tickets. You're probably wondering why I bought the tickets, considering I could probably get a pass from work. I bought it just... in case. I do this for all events that I really want to go for, and would rather not wait until the media pass comes in at the last minute. People have been saying a lot of things about the festival - that it doesn't live up to last year, that it sucks because Coldplay isn't playing...

Everyone's just whining because they can. Some of the comments really irked me. Coldplay was always just a rumour that some chose to believe in too whole-heartedly. And as for the line-up as it stands: Korn, N*E*R*D, Erykah Badu being the big pulls; other smaller ones include ex-Morcheeba singer Skye and ... Naturally 7, which I admit, drew a complete blank. I personally thought that 2009's line-up was on par with 2008's. Not better, mind you. But on par. We should rejoice for Erykah Badu, honestly. I'm not a huge fan but it's such a rare appearance that it has gotten me excited.

I can honestly say that I'm not a massive fan of any of the headliners this year (but I did think N*E*R*D's "Seeing Sounds" album was rocking!!), and neither was I a big fan of 2008's line-up. But there's something really great about going for a music festival that sometimes goes beyond the music. It's the atmosphere of camaraderie, of music lovers thronging to one space to share an experience, of getting stuck in the rain but not caring anyway, of being on your feet the whole day listening to live music that you go to bed so damn exhausted but content.

Maybe in ten years I'll be able to afford Glastonbury or Fuji Rock, but for now, Sunburst makes me happy.

In fact, the whole of March has made me slightly delirious. There's so much going on and simply not enough cash, ever.

I really want to watch the Japanese dance troupe Condors when they're down this Month. Also, 19 March is Battles, followed by Lovefoxxx DJ set on 20 March. 21 March is Sunburst, and I leave for Singapore on 22 March.

Ah... yes. Singapore. That's going to be what makes me fucking broke this month.

I'm heading to Singapore on 22 March to watch Coldplay LIVE on 23 March.

You have no idea how excited I got typing that out. I am going to watch COLDPLAY live. LIVE. In full concert setting, for their Viva La Vida tour. It's like one of my To-Do goals in life - to watch Coldplay live.

Danny Lim laughed at me over Facebook when I told him Coldplay was my favourite band. :p

"How hip of you! Have you heard of U2?" he teased.

Fineeee. Finnnne. I know proclaiming Coldplay as your favourite band makes me look so wimpy but we can't help what or who we love right? I played "Parachutes" to death when I was 15 and it was the first record that really made an impression on me.

Ooooo I do hope that they'll perform some stuff off "Parachutes" and "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" as those are my fave Coldplay albums. It would be worth the RM440 I am spending just to hear those songs live.

Yep you read right. I paid RM440 for concert tickets ALONE. Not even including travel and misc. expenses yet.

I must be insane. It's the most I've ever paid for a concert ticket. '

But it will be worth it.

Because, have you seen the concert pictures?







It will be epic.

And money was made for spending, right?

Pictures from Peter Hill.

leave a comment