<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Viva La Vida in Singapore

Sunday, March 29, 2009

This time last week, I had just arrived in Singapore, filled with anticipation for Brewerkz at night, and a whole glorious day of no work and a Coldplay concert the next night.

For reasons like that, I really do wish life was a movie you could rewind to the parts you like. Because I really miss last weekend! But I guess I shouldn't whine because I'm heading to Johor Bahru next week for a, er, SalahWrong DJ gig. Whee! We're moving beyond state lines. How did that happen?! Maybe in between all that we can squeeze in a short Sing trip. Preferably between 1 to 3 pm, where the beer is $4 at Brewerkz ...

Anyway, just a few weeks ago I blogged about how excited I was about the Coldplay concert. Even put up some pictures I found online of the "Viva La Vida" tour. Now I can brag that I have my own to show.





Yellow balloons that burst with yellow confetti during "Yellow". The crowd went nuts, but that was only the beginning of more euphoric moments to come.



Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones. "Fix You". Maintain tears moment #1.



And then they performed at the ramp closest to where we were sitting.



And then they upped the ante by going into the crowd and performing on the stands! Right opposite us! I cursed them lucky mofos who got those seats! :( Actually I'm just jealous. Can't you tell?



I like this photo. As Fairuz said, it looks like they're performing in the stars. I didn't get a picture of the next euphoric moment of the night, which was the Mobile Phone Mexican Wave. It's a pretty self-explanatory title. While the lads made their way back to the stage, they plunged the venue into near complete darkness and asked everyone to do a Mexican wave with their cellphones lit up. Fucking amazing to watch.



All through out the night, they had really cool visual projections on the screen behind them and on these orbs that hung from the ceiling. Sometimes it would be really quick cuts of the band in action. Sometimes it would be rendered to project a grainy image of Chris performing solo for a nostalgic effect. For the picture above, it was an almost literal translation of the lyrics for "Lovers in Japan". So absorbing it was to watch that I didn't realize that my next Maintain tears moment #2 was coming up.



Crazy confetti that poured from the ceiling! It came in a few bursts, in line with the various high points of the "Lovers in Japan" song. It was yet another euphoric moment for the crowd, as you can see from the pumped first of the dude sitting in front of me. So, so, SO very amazing.





I loooooooveee this photo. Chris walking with umbrella under confetti rain. You can barely make him out.



Love! Usually when I have high expectations of something, I come home kind of underwhelmed. Not this time though. I knew it was going to be an unforgettable show because I've done enough research but it totally surpassed my expectations! I never screamed so much at a concert, or had my heart filled with so much happiness at what was going on. I was a TOTAL fan and behaved like one; at the end of the show I even begged the security dude to scoop up some "Lovers in Japan" confetti for me (he obliged). It was epic, my friends, EPIC. I've been to enough concerts to know the difference. A lot of artistes can put on a good concert, but Coldplay's was all that and more ... it was a proper show, filled with theatrics, effects, humour, drama. I would pay another RM450 to experience it again, no doubt.

Ok I'm almost done with this blog post. Check out these two songs I love at the moment.

Andrew Bird's "Oh No". Violins, whistling, hand claps and lyrics about "harmless sociopaths". A strange combination on paper but Mr. Bird pulls it so tightly together. His latest album, Noble Beasts, is worth your money.



Peter Bjorn & John's "Nothing To Worry About". So infectious!

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    hey sarah. u got some pretty amazing shots! i actually recognized u and fahmi, and was sitted a couple of rows behind you guys that night. T34. hope u don't find this creepy. haha. mr martin and co were absolutely brilliant! he's such a natural born performer. i'm looking forward to rachael yamagata next, but i dare say coldplay's the best we're getting this year :) cheers

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    thanks for the photo compliment! :D as for the recognizing us bit.. you should've come say hi! we could've hung out and talked more about coldplay. haha.

  1. Anonymous joyce said:

    wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  1. Blogger Jeremy said:

    Nice photos. You use an SLR? The details are amazing. I especially loved the shot of the band playing in the "stars".

    Oh, and I love your writing in Klue. Keep it up! Too bad I won't be able to read Klue anymore now that I'm overseas. Boo.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Ah, the land of the free!
    You have the right to free speech as long as you speak English.
    --

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Thank u :) take a look this emo boy one at this blog:
    http://www.emo--boys.info

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    I keep quoting these dead white guys for a reason. We seem to be repeating some particularly nasty history, right now.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Money is so intangible, its almost like a promise and a piece of paper.

leave a comment