<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Two Week Countdown: #4 & #3

Monday, December 29, 2008

Only 2 more of these entries to do.

#4 I traveled quite a bit this year.

Let me see if I can remember all the locations.

Langkawi for a sailing trip. Stayed in the Westin which was fabulous.

Sarawak for the Rainforest World Music Festival. First time at the fest and it was super fun. Am contemplating going again in 2009 but it really depends on my budget.

Hong Kong, twice. First to interview Wyclef Jean who was pervy in a very charming way (yes it can happen guys). And then once again with mother and brother. In both times, trips to H&M were the highlights.

Bangkok, with Michelle for her birthday vacation. Was shopping like a madwoman and spent so much money! Massages everyday, Thai coffee everyday (I LOVE THAI COFFEE), ate like a pig cos Thai food is the bomb ... did I mention the shopping? Dayummm. I want to go back in 2009.

Portland, for a work trip. First time on USA soil and it was exciting. Sorry, quite jakun that way. I guess all those years of media and cultural imperialism showed itself quite clearly while preparing for this trip. However I didn't get to visit the major cities so I wouldn't say that I've really seen the States. Portland was so pretty though - green and clean, with lovely public spaces and parks, coffee everywhere, quaint individual stores which I am a sucker for.

I lost a lot of my vacation photos thanks to my laptop crashing on me (it's less than year old, thanks a lot Compaq HP). But here's 2 from this park in Portland where I sat for a solid hour, relishing in the warmth of my coffee and the sounds from my iPod.





Sadly in 2009, I think I'll have to travel less. I am seriously feeling the consequences in my bank account, omg. Here's the plan though: less cities, more islands because you spend less cash on an island. It is after all, a frigging island.

#3 Urbanscapes

Before I started working at where I worked now, I always wanted to be part of the team that helped put Urbanscapes together. Since the fest went on hiatus for four years, I didn't know if I'd ever get the chance to do so. But it happened this year, and I was really excited to be helping out with ideas on what to do and also help out on that day. I get a nice buzz when I wear a CREW tag around my neck, instead of one that says MEDIA or VIP or WRITER or the usuals that I get. CREW tag pwns all.

Urbanscapes was, in my biased opinion, great. There were hiccups of course, like the rain storming in around midday and I had to basically cancel the performances at the Lawn Stage for a while, but in overall, everything worked really well, and most of the people who came had fun. Or that's what I was told anyway, so I choose to believe that! Hehe.

Am looking forward to Urbanscapes 2009 but I have to admit it, I am kind of terrified at the same time. Now that the bar has been set, you really need to surpass expectations. Wish us luck.

  1. Blogger albert said:

    Wow you still blog here!

    Oh and your back - on my blog. Not a typo am I clever or what?

leave a comment