<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

I'm So Damn Competitive

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I don't like to admit it but I can be uber competitive at times, especially in situations when I know I have some hope of winning. Different story la when I'm so out of my league. Hey at least I'm realistic!

So today I went over to TTDI Plaza (not before getting lost ... again) after work to support my colleagues at this Heineken event where the winning team gets a trip to Krabi. I was prepared to just sit there, have a couple of beers and cheer/laugh at my colleagues.

Turns out that there was a last minute pull out and I had to fill in the spot for the third and final member, wtf.

Reluctant at first because I thought it was a football-related game but turns out that it wasn't. Divided into three sets, the first game had you directing a truck to a store to deliver Heineken, the 2nd had you doing a Mexican wave (virtually) and the 3rd, you had to catch a bottle sliding across the bar.

So we played the first round.. selamba je... just for fun right?

Nope.

When we ended up in the top 4 teams out of 10, the competitive streak in me went into overfriggingdrive. That's a 1 in 4 chance of winning a free, 5 day 4 night, VIP trip to Krabi!! Sun sea sand and beer!!

ZOMG. OK MUST FOKUS.

My heart was beating in the semifinal and I was really annoying to my teammates. I kept screaming, cheering, jumping around the console, freaking out ... but it worked and we made it to the finals!!

Wooohoo.

Except not.

We lost by 3 seconds to a team of bloggers because Adrian dropped three of his bottles in the last and final set. Omg nailbiting stuff for real!! *shoots death stare at boss*

You should have seen Didi's and my face when we returned to our table. Didi was red and I was so hot I had to remove my jacket. And Adrian suffered our wrath mwahahahaha.

SIGH. So close yet ... so faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr. I hate being second. Is the worst position to finish!

Later on the drive home, I got a text from boss.

"Sorry guys, well do krabi as company trip. :)"

I'll hold you to that Adrian!! :P

Oh my sincerest congrats to the winning team. I may be competitive but I'm no sore loser. Alco all arouuuund!

  1. Blogger suanie said:

    lolol so kancheong!
    cheers :)

  1. Anonymous joyce said:

    damn. shouldn't have read your blog lol. will still hear this from you later :p

leave a comment