<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Rewind 3 years.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

I went to Starbucks today to get some work done. With my laptop. And an air of importance. Like, wow look at me girlfriend - look how assured I am as I type, type, typeeee!!

The truth was I did get quite a bit done. I would've never had achieved that at home seeing as the lure of my comfy bed is too hard to resist (as I type this I am lying down. That's how lazy I am).

Sitting at the very same Starbucks where I worked at three (omg has it been that long?) years ago made me a little nostalgic (why am I always nostalgic these days). I knew where and what everything was/is, but at the same time the whole place has changed. It's been renovated; it's a lot bigger now and there are actually COUCHES! Back when I was there, all we had were the wooden chairs as we weren't a high volume store, hence we didn't get the whole Starbucks treatment. The baristas were friendly but no face was familiar - the crew that I worked with have all gone and moved on with life. There wasn't a customer there that I recognized ... I guess they've moved on too.

Funny how this place was practically my second home in 2005/2006. I spent so much time there working shifts, making coffee, steaming milk, cleaning the grease trap, blending ice, carrying chairs around...

... and now someone else does it for me. Upgrade, I say.

**

Was watching "Running With Scissors" last night and Catherine Feeny's "Mr Blue" came on. It made me so happy! I remember hearing it for the first time on... er, "The OC". Don't care what anybody says, that show was revolutionary until Season 3 came and they hyped up the melodrama. Season 4 was loads better but by then they had lost majority of the early fans!

Anyway, "Mr Blue" people. (Joyce Wrong, you'll love it!)

  1. Blogger joycewong said:

    Salah Chan! I heart the video!!! always wanted to throw a party in a white room filled with helium balloons... imagine the fun!!!

leave a comment