<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Superbad and a super band

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I went back to work today, after a long break. Trust me when I say that it was awful waking up in the morning. I contemplated ponteng-ing work before I remembered that I wasn't in college anymore. In fact, I haven't been a student for over a year. Goddamn, how fast a year goes by. There's no way I can simply NOT go to work because "I didn't feel like it". And a week's leave is probably the longest break I had this year. Unlike my brother, a student, who's been on break since November and resumes semester in freaking March! I hope he appreciates his days of bumming because they are NUMBERED, bro.

But I exaggerate, as usual. Work wasn't that bad since practically no one was around. Only two calls came in and my inbox was so clear! What I would give to have such laidback days all year round. I finally got to watch "Superbad" which deserves all the praise it has received. As far as high school movies go, this one tells an awesome, vulgar tale about the awkwardness of that experience. I loved it. I can't believe I LOLed my head off overs lines like these:

"You scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours."
"Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that it's located on my cock." *awkward laugh, cringing*

(Yeah I memorized it. ZOMG.)

Adlin and I went to get more DVDs after work, so tomorrow it's between "Fido" (about a domesticated zombie!) and "Everything's Gone Green", which is supposedly Canada's answer to "Garden State".

Work is indeed very stressful right now.

**

On the music front, my wish for 2008 is for this band to explode into popularity.



The Ting Tings (MySpace) hail from the UK and consist of just two members - Katie (hot as hell, as you can see from the picture) and Jules. Despite their small number, they make music that is huge on hooks and beats. I had one listen of "That's Not My Name" in mid-2007 and could not get enough of it. I'm still listening to it today! Luckily for me, they've released more demos since then to keep me happy until their album drops. But until then, I'm dying to hear their songs played at TAG or something so that I can freakout to it with my friends. Check them out below.





What a long post. Told ya I'll be blogging more regularly ... and long-windedly. ^_^

  1. Anonymous johnlim said:

    Just downloaded their song--it makes me wanna go "Hey Mickey you're so fine you blow my mind hey mickey! Hey Mickey!" Awesome clap-happy track.

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    i know, right? i thought it was a bit of a mix between that and "uh oh we're in troubleeeee!!". LOL. but they're less annoying, for sure.

  1. Blogger cyber-red said:

    it's too happy for meeeeeeee *gags*

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    hahaha yeah its an overload of endorphins.

  1. Blogger Kevin Yeoh said:

    You is a watermelon juice.

    I think you need to convert to become a hip hop lover this year.

    I recommend White Shoes & the Couples Company! Heeeee. And Dayang Nurfaizah!

    http://indiemuse.com/2007/12/27/song-of-the-day-122707/

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    yah White Shoes and the Couples Company is cute! they are coming to perform for Independent Day Out. going?

  1. Anonymous johnlim said:

    Oh noez! White Shoes not coming! Was kinda looking forward to them. And Kevo... Dayang? Since when were you such a fan boy?

  1. Blogger Kevin Yeoh said:

    Yah they can't come. :( Ili and I are sadz.

    Dayang has always been a favourite of mine! I loveeeee local Malay pop music! :)

leave a comment