<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The enjoyment of food has been plaguing me with guilt lately. I, er, don't move much these days. Between the sleeping in, and the watching of tv, I'm practically immobile during the week. Gross right, when you think about it. Walking around the mall or to the mamak to eat doesn't really count as exercise. Argh, I keep pinching myself to drill into my head that flabbier isn't better. It doesn't help that there's this new bakery that opened which sells the most delicious eclairs ... I've been having three a week. CRAP! CRAP!

The sooner I get a job, the better cause then I can just put all my energies into work instead of feeding myself when I get bored. The job hunt has almost come to an end (or at least, I hope) ... I've only been to 3 interviews , but its really given me a perspective on the line of work that I could potentially see myself doing. More importantly, its given me some instinct on what job is totally not right for me.

I will not work in a place where:

1) ... It looks like a factory, ie harsh flouroscent lighting, pale white walls and where everyone in there has this unhealthy, pallid complexion.

2) ... The HR Manager acts like its a crime against humanity that you said you'll get back to them in a week in response to their job offer. Isn't time for consideration a normal thing?!

3) ... Verbal job offer is not followed up by letter of offer that would certainly help with the considering! Hello?

4) ... The receptionist is a dumb ass and cannot direct you to the person in charge, and makes you wait 10 minutes listening to nothing ... not even elevator music. People often underestimate the importance of a good receptionist. They are after all, the first impression your company gives to potential clients or employees.

5) ... The person-in-charge does not seem to compute when you say you want to reschedule your meeting. Instead, keeps thinking you are confirming the interview despite you saying, increasingly louder, that you "have ... an... exam... on... Friday. Is ... Monday... OKAY?"

That's my top 5 no-no's. I shall soldier on with funny people in funny companies until I find The One. Seriously. Looking for your first job is harder than looking for a boyfriend.

// The Flaming Lips - "Mr Ambulance Driver"

  1. Blogger Regina said:

    Picky picky.

  1. Anonymous mac said:

    The story of a life reflected in the eyes of the person across from me on the LRT - A middle aged man in a wrinkled grey suit..

    One day blends into the next, like when you nod off for a moment - except when you open your eyes, a week has past. When did I trade in my dreams for a practical lie. The "good" job and "steady" paycheck were just a ruse. Distracted, I didn't notice when my dreams slipped just beyond my reach.. a beautiful desert sunset followed by a bitter cold night. Why didn't I just leap into that terrifying void - the unknown. Looking back, I had nothing to lose.

leave a comment