<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Monday, October 16, 2006

Everywhere I go now, its just:
"Have you started looking for a job?"
"(company name) is a good stepping stone, but don't stay for too long."
"When you start working, you cannot be too kan cheong (excitable)."
"Yeah if you work there we can commute to work together."
"Don't repeat my mistakes and work for a small company."
"Always think of large companies and MNCs."
"This is the best time to start working cos accomodation and food still taken care of."
"Have you sent in your resume?"
"You think you so good can get job so fast ah?"
"Job market is really bad, don't be too choosy."

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know its all good intentions but its driving me up the wall. I don't know discard their advice cos I know they've learnt from their experience, so I've just cleaned up my CV and am now looking for companies and etc. Everyone's telling me aim big, aim corporate but all I want to do is write.

:(

But I am job hunting, mom and dad, I am. Even though I still have classes, and an exam in November.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Heheh, pressure leh?

    I definitely don't miss those times. ;P

    Hey, what's with the constant login ID and password request pop up? I don't mean the blogger one.

    kawa

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    the password thingie is because tagboard's screwing up. hence, i've taken it off my blog. that'll show those bloody spammers!!



    :P

  1. Anonymous danny said:

    But you just want to write what?

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    Its award winning filmmaker danny lim on my measly blog! whoo! haha :p sorry

    i want to write ... anything but press releases as that's probably the most writing i'll do should i go corporate.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    You write too well not to do it for a living. Call 7652 7000 and tell them you want to be a writer. There's at least one job opening for sure. Pay's crap but then you want to write, right?

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    err...sorry that's 7952 7000

leave a comment