<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Money Is For Spending.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I got my paycheck last week .. and it was a proper paycheck for a month, not like the first one where it was just for two weeks. The amount wasn't a hell lot, but it was enough for me. The first thing I blew it on was lunch at O'Brien's on my last day of internship (great sandwiches but shit service). And the rest was today with my Mom. I bought her lunch, drinks and then took her to do her eyebrows. It wasn't much but I paid for everything.

And it felt really good.

I've concluded that I am a very generous person ... if my bank balance allows it. So pls don't say I am a typical Chinaman! :P

I'm going to go shopping tomorrow. Well, I plan to anyway. I say "plan to" because I'm not sure if I'll actually go through the whole process of withdrawing money (heartbreak) and then spending it on something I don't quite need but want. Want is stronger than Need sometimes. We'll see. God knows I need some variety in my clothes. I've been wearing the same t-shirts in different colours for far too long.

So the internship is over, and me and Stef bid adieu to everyone at the office yesterday. It was a lot more painful than I thought saying tata to the people I've been seeing almost daily for the past few months. Shermen took a polaroid of us. For the Intern Hall Of Shame (as Brian would say).

KLue was great fun, and the only thing I'd regret is leaving when I just started knowing everyone better. I shouldn't really be talking although its the end as I'll still be doing some stuff for them, and I have to go back to return a book I reviewed and collect the remainer of my paycheck anyway.

Along the way though, I went for mucho events, experienced the so-called media perks, met and interviewed many interesting people, ate a lot of good food .. wrote a hell lot more, had the editor stumble on my blog (how embarassing :P Hullo Adrian, if you're reading), and discovered that I am really in the right field of work.

So thanks for the opportunity.
I had a very good time.

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    i have been to the future and the money was all exhausted at two outlets

  1. Blogger EibNeau said:

    u finished yurs already
    dat was fast ey?

  1. Blogger Lee Lee said:

    Typical Chinawoman maybe? hehe.

leave a comment