<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

All These Things That I Want To Do.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

I love KLue magazine. I anticipate its arrival every month. I rush to the anneh at the mini-mart and he smiles his stained smile, and hands me the magazine. A tireless routine. I go home, I plonk myself on my bed and ignore the fact that I have countless amounts of texts to read for my exams, and I immerse myself in the world of the hip, the arty, the weird, and actually .. the ones with so much time that they can go all over Selangor scooping out events, restaurants, etc etc.

One knows that they'll never be able to go to all these places that the magazine recommends, but to realize that there are options with what to do with your time, other than spending it at a mall and consuming everything advertised .. that is a thought that excites me. Which is exactly what makes the magazine so appealing .. the idea that life exists beyond the walls of a much-loved Malaysian mall.

Anyway the drawback from reading the magazine is that by the end of it all, you have an extensive list of things you want to do. Seriously, I dog-ear pages in the magazine of things I should focus my attention to .. but of course, they kinda get forgotten eventually.

So: a list, of the things I should see/watch/do.

1) UPFRONT, at Zouk. November 23rd. Architecture in Helsinki + TAG + DJ Goldfish.
2) Exorcism of Emily Rose. Need to get the shit scared out of me.
3) Cinderella- A Musical. Venue @ KLPac. Same classic tale, but entertwined with songs from the 50s and so on. Details here.
4) Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire. What. What?! Do not deny association with me now.
5) Read Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.
6) Buy Franz Ferdinand's new album.
7) Actually, there are less to-dos than I thought. I am keeping it real here! These are things I can definitely do.

On another note, check out Off The Edge as well. Tight writing, fresh features, and Patrick Teoh has a damn funny and insightful monthly column. Giggles guaranteed.

Yeah but sometimes I feel too stupid to be reading that magazine lah. Must check dictionary, and Google all. However, damn good reading for those taking up a Journalism major, like yours truly.

Now who says I am not passionate about writing?
/looks at the mirror.

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    dog ear is a new word for me !

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    simonkins,
    thats why you love my blog. you learn new things!! hehe.

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    the thing about patrick teoh's blog is that its starting to rub off to me as a grumpy old man remininscing the past? i love pt to death, i adore his radio work, but i expected more from his blog. what is Off The Edge ?

leave a comment