<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

That won't kill you will make you stronger.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I used to live in a house that was practically an airfield in disguise. Every freaking day, you could hear the rumble of an airplane's engine as it flew above our heads. Every day, almost one for every two hours. What can you do; at that time the Subang Airport was all hip and happening (was it ever actually) and my house was just strategically placed on the way back to Malaysia.

Now that I've moved (several times actually), I no longer have the opportunity to whinge to my parents about how noisy our place is. Nor do I mistake a passing air vehicle for thunder, and predict that it will rain. All is peaceful and quiet and the most disturbing noises would be from the stupid cats fornicating outside my bedroom.

While I was doing rubbish duty last night, I happened to glance up and saw that it was a beautiful night. The sky was just littered with stars, and it was incredibly hard for me to stop staring into the night. So: one hand clutching a black plastic bag, while staring right up at the sky. My neck might've hurt a little, but I couldn't seem to notice.

And from a distance I see the approaching, blinking lights of an aeroplane.

10 years ago, I would've gone straight back in and whined like the brat I was (am). Last night however, I stood with that garbage bag in my hand, my heart on my sleeve as I openly envied the people in the plane; and my mind wandering where they had been, where they were going and how unnatural and infinite the world really is.

I am reminded once again, to never be bogged down by matters like deadlines and headlines. Where do they fall really in the grand scheme of things, the big picture? Why worry?

The world turns with or without you. I don't plan to remain static in one place.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    The things you get learn while you throw rubbish... Amazing.

  1. Blogger ed said:

    flying is fun. i get urges to fly somewhere, anywhere, if i don't fly for more than a year.

    my ex used to wave to planes when they flew by overhead. weird, huh?

  1. Blogger ButterRoll_sama said:

    err...don't you mean "What won't kill u..." or if u wanna use "that", then shouldn't it be "that WHICH won't kill u..."???

    dun mean to be such a grammar nazi :p

  1. Blogger Kaki Cucuk Langit said:

    i know exactly how u feel.

  1. Blogger Regina said:

    A good post. Warmed the cockles of my heart for a bit until I felt the urge to have a burger. <3

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    anonymous: identify yourself! haha ;) yeah it's funny how and where thoughts strike you.

    ed: i don't fly enough, for sure.
    and waving at airplanes sound kinda fun actually. i wouldnt mind lying on grass somewhere and just watching planes fly over me.

    butterroll: my my my grammar corrected by someone with the pseudonym of butter roll. hahaha. im just kidding. you're right; it should be which. my bad.

    nazrul: amen brother :)

    regina: there's no denying a penangite stomach. btw i had uma's ramly tapaued today. fucking good to be eaten in your room and making a mess with no one watching!

leave a comment