<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Sugar, we're going down.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Today, during an amazingly slow, boring as death, shift, I had more than enough time to twiddle my thumbs and think about things I've never had time to think about recently.

1) Where do I want to be in 5 years?

OB lecturer asked the same question last week, which was probably why I thought of it. Sad to say, I have no idea. Everyone's like, "Do you want to be an award winning journalist? Do you want to be the most gossipy tabloid reporter? Etc." I don't know lah. I don't even know if I want to be writing in 5 years. Somehow the passion seems to be dwindling down into a tiny little flame. Here's a list of alternatives: photographer, copywriter, fashion editor (free clothes, dammit), mistress to rich man.

Ok so maybe not the last one.

One thing I definitely know I don't want is some routine 9-5 deskjob in front of a computer, in some enclosed office. I need to be outside, discovering new things, experiencing new sights, meeting interesting people.

So I decided: In 5 years I want to be head hunted. Even though I don't currently know head hunted for whaaaaat. But I will figure it out.

Eventually.

2) What I would give to have my camera fixed and returned to my grubby hands.

It's just stupid that now that I don't have a camera present 24-7, I see beauty everywhere I go. Stupid stupid stupid. Trust life to be all ironic on us.

3) The things I won't miss when I quit Starbucks.

Cleaning the glass windows, and having the desire to kill every subsequent person who pushes against the glass to enter. FUCK MAN USE THE HANDLE!!!! I just FINISHED that spot. /grumpy

Never having to deal with rude assholes again, and can actually be rude in return instead of faking a smile and forcing myself to be polite.

Wearing a cap. Hate caps with a passion now.

.. but I will miss my apron.

4) How fast 2005 is going. Self explanatory. People, it is September already. Like wtf right.

5) That I will be working again tomorrow. Sigh. If you see "Hi! I'm Sarah" on the cash register, say hello. It will make my very mundane day.

Also,

Interesting fact, though some of you might find it to be almost criminal :

I have never seen any of the Matrix films. Not one.

That piece of info leaked out last week to much shock.

And,

The first time I heard about Hurricane Katrina it was on Yahoo.com; the headline read "Katrina kills 1,000".

I thought Katrina was a bitch mass murderer person, and cursed her to the death penalty.

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    i worry about this .... ignorance and decadence that seems to be holding you back from doing great things that i miss

  1. Blogger infinitium said:

    Katrina killed 1000 all by... herself?

    That's one big-assed parang she's using.

    :P
    J

  1. Blogger Lee Lee said:

    It is daunting to figure out what you want to do. What makes it easier is the realisation that it will always be like that. Enjoy exploring all your options. Worst bit would be if all you had to do in the future is work at Starbucks at the same job for the next 5 years.

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    simonsta: me ignorant and decadent WHATCHOO TAWWWKING ABOUT ??(puerto rican)

    jase: haha well they really shouldnt humanize hurricanes!! confusing!!

    lee lee: oh yeah same job for 5 yrs will suck, esp when you're like my age.

  1. Blogger Kaki Cucuk Langit said:

    shall i lend you my matrix collection dear?

    err..i think u can ignore the matrix part 2 and 3.total crap.

  1. Anonymous meitien said:

    i miss my green starbucks apron too~ woman

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Enjoyed a lot!
    » »

leave a comment