<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Of insignificance.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

After a hellish week in college, the first thing I wanted to do was to 1) get some sleep or 2) go to Ikea. The new catalogue got delivered sometime last week and I swear there's some sort of manipulative hidden message buried deep within visuals of sofas and dinnerware. It whispers to you y'know .. come little naive consumer, go eat our meatballs. Or something.

So the only thing that occupied my mind last Friday, while I was mentally throwing up before my presentation ("What does Gramsci mean by Crisis of Hegemony? Using examples from popular culture, explain how the media helps in overcoming the Crisis."), was that a few hours later I could be dancing my way through Ikea's display rooms and pretending that this was my house.

Who doesn't do that right? Go to Ikea and play house. Fun like mad.

As it turns out, I didn't get to redecorate the space in my head, but I did have a good time. Dinner at Vivo @ The Curve was good, as the restaurant's got this cool concept of self-service so you don't have to pay that pesky 10% service charge. We were all so hungry that we over-ordered. Come on lah, last meal was roti pisang at 10.30am! Myself alone I had spaghetti with meatballs, 7 inch pizza, and mushroom soup. Note of interest: I finished it all.

Actually, I don't know why I bored you with details of my completely homely night out. Let's just conclude and say that it ended with strawberry sundae at McDs and really great conversation.

I don't know how many of you do this, but there is a perpetual soundtrack playing in my head and it won't go away. That's the problem with music. You listen to something and it reminds you so much of something and everything feels real again. Sorry, did I say problem? I meant, magic. Magic.

Vagina of The Regina Monologues (oooh, snappy!) sent me this through email:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I swear this will be the last Starbucks related image to be posted here! I just like it when people make "sarah is a corporate whore" jokes.

I aspire to be a corporate whore anyway, :p.

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    it's not a joke ! you've sold your soul to berjaya ! i hope you're getting free mitv at least ?

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    best regards, nice info video editing schools

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Mickey toys Los angeles bookkeeping service Propecia patent ts cache 632597883086131497 portable projector screen blackberry 7230 wireless

leave a comment