<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

I hate my body.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

And I don't mean it in a ranty, 'oh what big hips' I have kinda way. (But yes I do have hips.)

Friday was my last training day and it pretty damn long one (9am-6pm). I had developed a slight fever the night before and by the next morning, my entire body was aching in joints and places. But. I am determined. I will go for this last damned class. So what if the air-cond is enough to kill me, I shall shut up and take it like a woman. Not to mention if I skipped it, I would have to wait maybe another 3 weeks :(

Anyway, felt sufficiently stupid during the entire class because could not concentrate on how to properly make espresso and didn't have enough strength to squirt whipped cream into perfect circles. Ugh, damn malufying to be not able to do things well. Thank god the learning coaches were nice and hid their impatience well.

Came back and fell into a dead sleep. Had to drag myself out of bed to go see a doctor where I am told that I have a very high fever/viral fever of 104 F. SHITE. Not when my first official shift is on Monday!!

(At this point, future employers should really take note on how much I put work above my own personal health.)

The doc tells me to drink lots of liquid because I might have dengue, but it'd be too early to go for a blood test. She hands me some nondescript blue pills. Nothing suspicious.

Turns out the motherfucking pills were Panadol! Dear readers, before you wonder why I make a big deal about paracetamol- it's because I am allergic to them. Woe. Everytime I have a fever, headache, whatever- I just have to suffer and wait til it goes away.

It did bring the fever down but now my body is lobster red with rashes and so freaking itchy. This is the most uncomfortable and sick I've been in years.

So I switch to Ponstan (first time popping one), which helped here and there. The bad part is that the fever reoccurs after every 5 hours or so. So I have to continuously take it.. and take it.. and take it.

When will this end? :(

  1. Blogger Kawa said:

    erm, u sure its not dengue? If don't recover, better go see doc again.

    Take care!

  1. Blogger Nadiah said:

    I'm sick too, Sarah. But I think you've got it worse. Feel better! xx

  1. Blogger Kaki Cucuk Langit said:

    oh poor you.

    hope you feeling much better now.

  1. Anonymous Janus said:

    Eh, if you have dengue, might not be a good idea to take ponstan. Better consult doctor

  1. Blogger frus said:

    Sarah, I think you're hot. Are you feeling hot as well?

  1. Blogger Ash said:

    My ex is allergic to paracetamols as well. Her bodily reaction to them is swelling eyelids.

    Doctors should ask patients if they have any allergy before prescribing medicines. And patients should inform the doctors, too! :P

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    apparently not checking out guys at borders would fix the problem. wait ... can dengue spread through blogging

  1. Anonymous Ben said:

    aspirin...
    ibuprofen?
    i'm alergic to ibuprofen...
    not too sure about ponstan or aspirin, but they're sort of like in the same class.. and.. damn.. it sucks..to be allergic to paracetamol

  1. Blogger c.ho said:

    hugs.. take care okay? poor gurl.. better not push it.. and do let us know what was wrong? and hope it's NOT dengue!!!!

  1. Blogger KY said:

    dengue wouldn't be particulary enjoyable.

    Had that experience myself quite a number of years ago. Ended up in the hospital and got endless blood tests without any prescription they can give you.. was a wait and see project.

    If you're just having fever it probably isn't dengue. Dengue sends you chill in a minute, and then makes you feel like you're in an oven the next, and then there's the joint aching..

    Get well soon!

  1. Anonymous Ogbanje said:

    I've been sick for a week too, and damn I still have to get back to work tomorrow (Monday).

    I guess it's the weather lately. People are falling sick like flies flying to a blue neon light

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Keep up the good work
    »

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    best regards, nice info www asthma com Advisor financial pennsylvania philadelphia Financial and insurance accounting software www peugeot Allergies phenylethylamine acne diet Saviodsilva paris hilton hot Wellbutrin + crohn's Travis boating center midland tx. Side effects of celexa 20mg No prescription provigil overnight shipping 1998 convertible mustang black jack gambling gambling Uninstall cybersitter

leave a comment