<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Daddy dearest.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

The eternal battle between Overprotective Dad and Growing-Up Daughter rages on. Lately, my dad has been making very annoying comments on the way I look and dress. His argument is that the way I dress will attract a lot of attention. Mind you, I don't really dress in ANY way that'll garner that kind of reaction. I can't see where he's coming from, honest to God.

He makes a big deal about my earrings. They're very big, he says, adding to the more-attention-factor. I'm trying very hard to figure out how big earrings will turn men on. I've come to dead ends so far. He hates the fact that I'm losing weight. I tell him that I don't know what's wrong with my body, it's doing this losing-weight thing on its own (not that I mind lah :p). I eat like a horse, I bloody love my food. So really, I don't know what's up. But still, he thinks I'm starving myself purposely. I am noooooottttttttt. I kinda don't have the will to. One will only have to shove food in my face and I will succumb.

He dislikes my job as well. He thinks Vincent Tan fixes my schedule so that I do closing shifts. It's actually pretty funny when I think about that argument.

"They're exploiting you lah girl! That's how Vincent Tan operates! Etc etc. Bla bla."

I'm not mad. I know what's this about. It's classic ain't it? His only daughter, his little girl- growing up way too fast for him. It'll scare anyone who's ever been around since I was a kid. I just hope I have enough patience to take all the irrational arguments in.

I wonder what'll happen when August comes around and I blow out 20 candles on the cake.

On a happier note, I am working tomorrow and it's freaking triple pay because it's a public holiday! Also, I fixed my favouritest necklace. For fiddy cent 50 cents! Kingdom of Heaven was .. okay. The day I see Orlando Bloom wearing jeans in a movie will be a unique moment in movie history.

Have a brilliant Sunday everyone. Even if it sucks, you still have Monday to make up for it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  1. Blogger Regina said:

    Wow. You ARE getting skinny. Now I can snap you like a chicken!

    Anyway, protective fathers are like that. They're irrational and emotional, but they only want what's best for you, like how my dad thinks that my skirts are too short (and I don't even wear short skirts). Don't worry about it.

    And you know what's gonna happen when you blow out those 20 candles. Wink wink nudge nudge. ;)

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    hey hey woman!...u sure u not doin anything to get skinny???..hahha..if there is a secret recipe, LET ME KNOW!..u have my number rite?!
    n vincent tan is exploiting u??! hahah..ur dad's so cute!

    hope to see u soon,im so bored without me laptop...sigh..

  1. Blogger simonsta said:

    thats what happens when you try to elope with band lead singers who are doped up and unworthy compared to a wholesome hubby

  1. Anonymous Ogbanje said:

    Nothing wrong with wearing earring hoops :) I wear my earring at home and to work as well, no problems here ;)

  1. Blogger graceshu said:

    all the best in dealing with that "overprotective parent" thing! it hasn't worked out for me...

  1. Blogger Kenneth Chiew said:

    to deal with over-protective parents... you just got to do this.

    Let them talk/nag/rant... and just answer "Yes, dad... yes" and finally end with this "Yes, dad I love you too" and then give him a kiss/hug :D

    Well, honestly they are just concerned which also means that they love you.

  1. Blogger xman said:

    gotta agree with kenneth there - no use fighting them, just play along with them :)

  1. Anonymous Bellez said:

    hi there.
    i m ur blog reader.
    sucha lovely necklace,
    where did u gt it gal?

  1. Blogger meesh said:

    HONG KONG DAMNIT HONG KONG.

    Take it easy chick, at least you still have a dad to whinge even if its irrational. Miss you dear! And you better post pics of ur new haircut! :P

  1. Anonymous sarah said:

    hello my namesake! i too have a 'sarah' necklace but not as nice as yours. where'd you get it?? and the good thing about being overseas is that your parents have no idea what you're up to ;)

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    This is very interesting site...
    »

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Looking for information and found it at this great site... xterra custom seat covers Us car insurance instant quote www dealcafe com pop zyban voyeur slut hankison dryers zyban and other druds Bontril 37.5 Germ killing humidifier Baseball spring training in florida in 2006

leave a comment