<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

My Holiday Dilemma

Friday, April 08, 2005

I am beginning to think that getting a temporary job is the most difficult thing in the world. One, people might not want to hire you because you'll only be around for a short period of time. And two, competition from other overzealous people on a break from school. Sometimes when you don't get a call back, you wonder what's wrong with you that it's so difficult securing a job, any job.

Anyway I got a call back from a popular coffee place last night. Was quite excited really, until the point of shamelessly telling everyone I could about it. I can't help it- someone called! However, besides being excited, I was beginning to freak out because the guy on the line said "bring your resume". Resume? What resume? So surprised was I that I let whatever that was repeating in my head slip out in the form of, "But. I don't have a resume." OMG. Almost kicked myself when that happened. So what if you don't have one now, go type one up lah. Sheesh. Must really install a filter between Mind and Mouth one of these days.

Drove like a madwoman through the jammed streets of Subang in the evening. At one point I thought that I would probably get my first accident today. Besides cutting stop signs and being quite obnoxious with other drivers, anxiety was coursing through my body and I was already shivering because it was sooo freaking cold out. (It had rained the whole day)

What about the interview, you wonder? Well. I thought it went fairly well, but who knows eh? Anyway, I have been asked back for a second interview. Sounds good, but here's the catch: they'll call me in 2 or 3 days. There's that ominous phrase again:we will call you back. *breaks into traumatized sobs* The sentence has got gloomy clouds hovering above it in my mind's eye. So I can look it two ways: 1) they are letting me down gently 2) that I'm really going to be called back for the second interview.

Please please please Lord let it be for latter because I would love love love to work in said coffee place.

I'm hoping for the best and crossing every crossable part of my body there is.

Would also like to say a big thank you to the people who helped me out with the resume! Thank you Nazrul, thank you Simon, thank you Wong.

*HUG*

  1. Blogger ed said:

    is it dome?

    when i went back to kl in winter of 2003, i became addicted to their iced mocha. sat outside the one in Lot 10 and people watched.

    well, good luck anyways. Hope you get the job.

  1. Blogger Kawa said:

    Yeah, waiting for them to call back is like... forever. Sometimes they say they will call you even if you are not qualified. They won't. Well, sometimes.

    Anyway, since they say "2 or 3 days", you could always call them up to ask if you are qualified in after 2 days time. I did that and I don't see any harm in that. Good luck!

  1. Blogger Ash said:

    All the best!

    Sarah: I'm hoping for the best and crossing every crossable part of my body there is.

    Now you got me thinking...

  1. Blogger Nadiah said:

    I hope you get the job Sarah! :)

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! commercial insurance highland village tx Ad blocker pop up cheap small business insurance

leave a comment