<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Job Hunting (Fishing, Shooting, Scratching, Eating)

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I never realized how tiresome looking for a job can be. Even though it's something as simple as waitressing, or standing around and waiting on a customer- there are forms to fill out, endless questions to be asked and lots of smiling to do.

As you may or may not have guessed by now- I went to look for a job today.

I've never really held a job before. Embarassing I know, for someone who is almost 20. I thought so too. I decided one night whilst studying for my final exams that I have to have some working experience before graduating. I needed to save up as well, and start acting .. more responsible. Learn where money comes from. Understand my mom when she goes into a tantrum when I decide to park in Subang Parade (RM2) instead of Carrefour (free).

Well here's the summary of the whole Job Hunting Experience:

I scratched a luxury car whilst parking. I'm not going to mention what luxury car it was in case the owner, in some weird karmic order, reads my blog and decides to send me a nasty email. I'm just paranoid like that. I made a particularly sharp turning whilst turning into a parking lot, while also on the phone with my dad and .. well. That's when I heard The Sound. I can't even begin to describe the sound of paint being scraped/scratched off, so I'm not even going to try.

I went out to check the damage. It HONESTLY wasn't that bad. HONESTLY (okstoplookingatmeifeelreallybad). So I did what any other inexperienced driver would do- I fled the scene. And went to park somewhere else.

:S I'm really sorry- whoever the unfortunate person was.

I also broke TGIF's pen while filling in the application. But it got fixed in about 5 minutes. However those 5 minutes between Pen Broke and Pen Fixed were tensed because- what kind of an impression would I make? Waitress breaking the tools of the trade: the pen.

I was starting to believe that it was not going to be my day at all. Everyone kept feeding me the same, "We'll call you/My manager will call you" line. Needless to say, I was beginning to get a little disgruntled.

However, on the walk from mall to parking lot, Krystle and I spotted a RM5 note. On the floor. Pleading for us to pick it up and fulfil it's rightful destiny- to be spent.

We spent the RM 5 on Dunkin Donuts.

I had a Double Choc. DOUBLE Choc. Hey if you're going to sin- you might as well go all the way.

Was happy again. Alls Well That Ends Well.

  1. Blogger ..c h r i s t i.. said:

    :) randomly found your journal, check mine out if you want! good luck on finding a job! i waitress, and whoo.. can it be the pits sometimes. and to the owner of the luxury car, if they afford a freaking luxury car they can afford to fix it. ;x i would have fled too. ;X bye. ;) <3Christi

  1. Anonymous Ben said:

    hey, while you're looking for a job, might i suggest you narrow your search to a job that may be relevant to what you intend to do in the future? it helps not just your resume, but the experience. at this point, don't put salary as your highest priority just yet ;)

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    christi: hahahaa, i love your reasoning abt luxury cars and having the cash to fix them :D

    ben: yeah i actually thought of that first but decided since i'm going to do my practical training soon, i might as well try a whole other industry altogether!

  1. Blogger rlum said:

    I'd just buy another doughnut.

  1. Blogger cyber-red said:

    so much for scratching and breaking someone's pen eh? =) happy working..soon.

  1. Anonymous mick said:

    found your journal through blog-hopping.

    that makes 2 of us without job experience. best wishes on your job search, and don't worry too much about that car. like christi said, they should be able to afford maintenance if they could afford the sticker price.

    the doughnut may not have fixed the car, but it looks like it fixed your day. good on you. =)


    take care.

  1. Blogger LiEw said:

    shame on you, shame on you...

  1. Blogger Quit Smoking said:

    I am looking for ideas to start my own blog about ebooks and you have give me a few ideas. Thank you. Good blog. I will check it each week.

  1. Blogger Get-A-Free-House said:

    How Would You Like To Know How YOU Can Live In A Beautiful NEW House That Is Custom-Designed To YOUR Specifications.........And At NO COST To You?

    You CAN Do It. And It's Not Hard To Do.... IF You Know HOW.

    Don't Let This Pass You By Without At Least Taking A Look.

    The Only Catch Is That You HAVE To Have An Income ABOVE $21,000...... And......You HAVE To Follow The Easy Instructions Provided To You.

    Get-A-Free-House.com

  1. Blogger Admin said:

    Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

    Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
    Las Vegas Vacations
    Thanks

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Help me Dude, I think I'm lost.

    I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket.

    No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

    He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

    But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

    Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

    Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on the lcdtv in the back of my Hummer.

    And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

    "You give me love and consolation,
    You give me strength to carry on "

    Strange day or what? :-)

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    I was looking for blogs about tai chi and came across yours. I have whats referred to as a hard style Karate School and this is something we've been contemplating adding to it. Great blog you have and I've enjoyed reading the posts on it.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Very nice site!
    »

leave a comment