<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Mixtape.

Saturday, January 22, 2005


I had this when I was but a wee lass!


Impromptu spring cleaning late last night, and I found the New Radicals cassette I was talking about in my previous post. Naturally, it was buried under a mountain of dust WITHOUT it's cover. That was practically cassette-suicide. I don't know where the cover had disappeared too, along with the lyrics sheet and what not. Sharing the same fate was Third Eye Blind's first album. I mourned for both of them, but decided to pop them into my stereo and prayed for the best.

Well. So much for optimism, as the sound quality was so, so bad that I could not bear letting it go on longer than Side A. It was all muffled, and halfway through the first side, it started to screech. My brother actually knocked down my door and asked me if I had lost a head, or simply entertaining a banshee. How is it that my dad's Dionne Warwick's supposedly-older-than-me casette can still emit such clear sounds? How, how, how?

I miss cassettes sometimes. No doubt they have their limitations: they wear out, the tape gets tangled whilst rewinding (my Backstreet Boys' "Millennium"), and emit little screeches as revenge for not taking proper care of them. But they're so wonderfully nostalgic, and simple. Although I don't think I'd ever purchase a cassette over a CD these days, but I do intend to keep my collection of tapes. Yes even the two half-dead ones. I cannot bear to part with them. I think this trait comes from my dad, who still has a healthy collection of vinyl.

So, as I couldn't sleep anyway (bloody hell teh tarik), I wanted to read something. I'm in a literary rut these days, having not bought a book in ages. Nothing appealed to me on my bookshelf, and since I was set adrift on memory's bliss already, I decided to read the articles submitted for my, er, yearbook. (I really need a few new books) After that, I dug out a few newsletters that I contributed some articles to back then. OMG, I want to kill my 15-year old self. If you really want to know if you've grown or not in the years, read some of your old essays. CRINGE!

Lazy Saturdays- good for pointless posts. :)

Picture source

  1. Blogger bayibhyap said:

    Ah..the old pic's back! :)

  1. Blogger xman said:

    i think the first cassette i bought was Men At Work's Business As Usual album - no idea where it is now hehe

leave a comment