<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

In rememberance.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

I absolutely love rainy Saturday mornings/afternoons. No matter how I try, I can never get out of bed when I want to; sleep just comes so easily. The sound of the rain is so comforting, and being inside when the rest of Subang Jaya is being drenched makes you want to count your blessings. And because of my white curtains, light usually streams in obscenely bright in the morning (genius of mother, knows that too much light will eventually wake me up). But with rainy morns/noons, it's gloomy and dark; just perfect for hibernating and cuddling under your comforter.

But I did eventually wake up at 2pm, and 10 minutes later, I'm in front of my computer. I haven't brushed my teeth or washed up yet, but it feels like I could care less about that right now. It's a beautiful dark day, and I'm gonna enjoy being a slob as long as I can. However, slobdom will have to be cut short as I'll have to leave for Seremban in about 2 hours.

It's approaching All Saints Day in the Catholic world, and every year we make a pilgrimage south to my dad's hometown, Land of Char Siew Paus. My grandmother never fails to give us a call when November approaches. At 81, she's got tremendous memory and energy. She gets everything done: she makes sure the flowers are there, the candles are enough and the family members are present. Sometimes I wonder how the family will continue to stick together when she (touchwood) is gone. It's a morbid thought, but one that never really escapes my mind. My grandmother was very sick earlier this year, and I struggled with the possibility of losing her.

The annual journey to Seremban during All Saints Day is in memory of my grandfather, my dad's dad. I never knew him as he died 7 months before I was born. He was, according to my relatives, the easy going one to my grandma's nagging, domineering personality. Sometimes as I stand there in the graveyard, with my relatives reciting prayers from the Rosary, I often stare at his picture and wonder how it would be like if he had lived long enough for me to have seen him. He could have been my Favourite, as I am not particularly close to any of my grandparents. He could have been a lot of things which I would never find out.

It's Halloween tomorrow people, another synonym for All Saints Day. Have fun with your costumes and don't forget to say a little something for those that have lived and past with the years.

  1. Blogger hyelbaine said:

    Sadly for me i had to work this morning although the grey'ness of the weather still remains so i'm going to be hitting the bed to hibernate till its time to eat ;)

    Cheers!!! :D

  1. Blogger MunKit said:

    woot it rained so heavily just now while i was in col. damn.. got stuck in col and starved for like 3 hours.. b4 it began to cease.

  1. Blogger Kervin said:

    True true the joys of not having anything to do, the promise of sedentiary life and of procrastination hehe. Not needing to wake up or of waking up with the pleasent realisation that you can go right back to sleep, of waking late and not needing to wash up:) We'd all love that. Wow love char siew pau hehe ;)

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    i feel the same way about my grandfather
    how i wished that i could have got to know him and wouldn't it be grand if i were his favorite
    he seem so eccentric somehow
    i bet i would have loved it

    and i know im gonna sound like a tart, but darling - i believe ALL SOULS DAY is the day we pray to passed-on loved ones.
    31st - Halloween
    1st - All Saints Day
    2nd - All Souls day

    all saints day is the day of obligation to give prayers and intercessions towards all the saints of the catholic world

    all souls is the day we pay respects to the dead

    my birthday falls on all saints day
    there's mass and everything to the saints
    and the very very next day it's going to SFX to burn candles for my granddad for all souls

    -kimberly

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    hyelbaine:
    ahaks. hope you had that beautiful gloomy saturday afternoon then.

    MunKit:
    aiyo a growing boy, not having anything to eat for 3 hours? die la.
    my brother would have curled in a corner and passed. the stomach cannot tahan wan.

    Kervin:
    my dad said that the first sentence he remembers me saying in full, was "i want to eat siew pau" (in cantonese). strange.

    kim:
    no you're right, i checked with my mom after i published the post and indeed, All Souls Day is the right er, day :p
    happy birthday! :D

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Hi, I was looking for sites that have information on brachionus in fresh water ponds of ontario
    to add to my newsletter when I found your site.

    I enjoy searching the Internet and finding information on my hobby of water gardening and sharing that information with others.

    I hope that you will pay my site a visit as well.

    Thanks,
    Thomas Holley
    Water-Garden-Directory.com

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Enjoyed a lot! » »

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Where did you find it? Interesting read 420a chrysler engine

leave a comment