<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

How to be happy.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

"The great essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for."
Joseph Addison

Something To Do

1) Learn to fcking drive. I have had my license for over a year, and my brother has had his for like, a month! And he's zipping all over the place. Last night, he picked me and my friends up from the KTM station. Oh, the humiliation! (FYI, my parents are petrified of me driving even AFTER I passed my exam. Good god la, that's why they're called EXAMS! To prove that you know your stuff!)

2) My room needs some desperate spring cleaning. It's got my notes all over the floor. I left them there for convenient reach in the middle of the nights where I freak out and start forgetting what origins of prejudice were. My final final exams for my diploma ended Friday.



Should I throw all my notes away? It feels kinda sad doing so.

Something To Love

1) Not having to wake up at 6.30 AM until indefinitely.

2) The oppurtunity and time to catch up with TV and a hell lot of DVDs.

3) Upcoming Penang-Langkawi trip with my best girls.

4) And best of all, I have someone to love as well.

Something To Hope For

1) The arrival of my PC. ETA is still unclear which frustrates me. My dad as usual is taking his own sweet time with it. You have no idea how much this ANNOYS me.

2) That everything works out. It's a little cryptic but I'm not keen on elaborating on it.

3) That I get the Best Journalism Student title at the award ceremony on Nov 6. I don't really care about the award, honest to god. What I really care about is PROVING to my parents that I'm not as lost, or as clueless as they think I am. I know what I'm doing, although it might not seem like I do sometimes. I take care of my own problems, and I no longer expect them to solve them for me. I really want them to see that I'm not their one-dimensional daughter that they see at home. I have built my own life outside the house- I have my friends, I have my achievements and very soon, I will have my diploma on paper. I guess I just want them to start letting me go from their protectiveness .. and just allow me to be more adult, and make my own decisions in life. I might go wrong, but if I don't, how will I ever learn?

  1. Blogger Nadiah said:

    I hope it all works out.

    :)

  1. Blogger Kawa said:

    Long lists scares me....

    Wah, alot of stuff. Only one thing to comment. Keep your notes. They are after all, your brothers (or sisters if you prefer) in arms. :)

  1. Blogger Kervin said:

    It's good that you have dreams, may they come ever true for you. Being happy, looking foward to the next day, achieving something :) Anyway I figure all parents are protective by nature and they know they have to let go, just that didn't wish it happened so soon, maybe one day when we are parents ourselves, we'll know how they'd feel and thank them. Good luck on heading out on the world, it's a big place out there :)

  1. Blogger hyelbaine said:

    I wish you good luck and all the best for the award that you're hoping for. Having said that, they'd still be proud to see you on that stage collecting your cert no matter what. That i can say from my experience :)

    I wouldn't throw the notes if i were you. sometimes its nice to recollect the crazy times you once lived when you're older ;)

    Cheers!!! :D

  1. Blogger MunKit said:

    wow.. i wished i were you..
    my exams will start on next monday!

  1. Blogger deborah said:

    NOO, don't throw them away! Bwahhaha.

    Will miss the Sem 4 Journalism class of 2004. But I'll be back for Degree, next June '05. =)

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    Nadiah: thanks for the wishes. how goes the portraits idea?
    Kawa: haha, yeah them notes got me through some confusing times.
    Kerwin: yes. but can the world handle me? lol, ;)
    Munkit: all the best in your exams! you'll do fine.
    deborah: good luck for the rest of the months then.

  1. Anonymous rich! said:

    Hi there! I have found your blog finally! I have some great news for you to see at lots and lots! and it is really cool!
    Check it out whenever you want ;-)

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

leave a comment