<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

I needed a fix.

Monday, September 13, 2004

I spent 12 hours in college today. 12 freaking hours. That should be outlawed, shouldn't it? I didn't really have a choice. There were things that needed to be done, and I really couldn't leave my friends with so much work on their hands.

Now I'm back home and still, I feel so restless with the amount of work that I have piled up in my imaginary IN tray. I know I should be getting on with my article about Skype, or even the one about Music Canteen, but I'm so fcking tired and stoned right now that all I want to do is lie on the couch and watch a really long movie filled with spectacular stunts and escapist romance.

But I know I can't afford to waste 2 hours, so I go back to Old Faitful (the Internet), throw my laundry into the washing machine and eat about a few million pieces of Andes mint chocolate. I think the chocolate has worked its way into my bloodstream because I can see clearly now (.."the rain has gone! I can see all obstacles in my way!").

For the interested, let me just say here and now that the workload in my final semester in OVERWHELMING. A very good example of the weight of work would be last Friday: a debate (we won), a Marketing quiz (I passed) and THREE articles (I dieded).

Other shite in my toilet (what a horrendous analogy):
1) Creating a magazine for Journalism 2. We're called The Budget- We're not Cheap, We're Free.
2) Finishing up Social Psych assignment and preparing for its presentation.
3) Economics assignment.
4) Marketing assignment which I really, really don't know what it's about.
5) Dinner and Dance stuff. It's next Saturday, OMG! I can't believe all that planning it finally coming alive.
6) Photo postcards assignment for Feature Writing.
7) Possibility of another debate against the winning team of the PR class. OHDEARGODPLEASENO.

To say that I needed a vacation would be an understatement. There was one planned for Penang this Thursday but has been postponed due to some matters. But it's all good I suppose, I'm going up in October. Finally. I think it's been a decade since the last visit. O.o So going to just lie around and be waited on when I'm there. AHAKS!

On the plus side of doing so many assignments is that I got to go visit Music Xchange last Thursday. I've heard so much about it and always wanted to go but never had the chance, but the ed of The Budget assigned me and Regina to do a review on it and OMG, that place is such an eye-opener and jaw-dropper.


It's on Jalan Walter Grenier..

.. along this row of shophouses. Hint: it is blindingly orange.

And if you're blind or something and CAN'T, for some reason spot the orange among the drab, then just look for the bloody yellow VW.

One step inside and I was so, so amazed. The collection of vinyls, CDs, records, posters and other paraphernalia is MASSIVE. It's like High Fidelity, KL-style.

A wall of Rage Against the Machine posters on one side..

.. and more eye-popping-ly, a WHOLE WALL of Beatles' stuff. Vinyl, magazine covers, etc. Just... woah.

Pictures from the concerts/gigs the owner went for when he was freelancing.


And last Saturday, I found my prom dress. Oh sweet relief. I was beginning to think that I'll never find it as have looked everywhere. And I found shoes as well. In one day. *smug* Girls, you know that's rare. :p I would put up a picture but Meesh Kebab said NO! YOU HAVE TO SURPRISE PEOPLE! ETC!

*deep breath* Ya know. Who needs pills when you have mindless blogging to cure that twitch?

  1. Blogger ryuu said:

    i spent 18 hours at work today. 18 FREAKING HOURS. that should be outlawed, shouldn't it?

    ;)

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    ryuu,
    HAHAHA LOL.
    and so should plagiarism! ;p

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    ah yes, Music Xchange. it's been ages since i went there. i wish i could see again for the first time :)

    ~ ItchyMicchi

  1. Blogger meesh said:

    Oh gawd woman! We're finally done okay! In a way lah, more shit to pick up and see and write and take pictures of, but GOD! It's a nice feeling :)

    Thanks so much for everything beotttch!


    :)

  1. Blogger Nadiah said:

    God, I haven't been to Music Exchange in ages.

    And congrats on finding the dress and shoes!! Have a great time :)


    12 hours...tsk, tsk.

  1. Blogger KinkyPugKevin said:

    music exchange is the bomb... i remember going there so much when i came down to KL in 2000... ahhh memories...

    so are u gonna buy me anything from penang... or maybe infinitium could do something for me..

  1. Blogger infinitium said:

    i ain't do nothing for you nor to you dude. period. and then some.

    :P
    J

  1. Blogger Albert said:

    You might want to note the location of Jalan Walter Grenier. Exit Lot 10 so you face Sungei Wang, turn left and walk down the slope. Turn left; landmarks would be a hotel on the right and a Tenaga Nasional building on the left.

    You can also find the road by walking down the road between Starhill and KL Plaza; Walter Grenier would be on the right.

    Wow that feels like a secondary school English assignment.

    Anyway that place rocks, though if you really want an elusive CD you might have to keep dropping in. I never expected certain CDs to surface after weeks (and I have to thank my friend for spotting them!)

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    ItchyMicchi,
    go visit agai! unless, u don't live in kl.

    meesh,
    i'm a beeotch for a reason ;)

    Nadiah,
    i will! will have pics to show as well.

    kev and jase,
    gawd why don't you two get a room already? :p

    Albert,
    yeah the guy was playing DMB's Crash album. that's pretty rare :)

  1. Blogger aewis said:

    OMG... I love Music Exchange... time passes without my notice when I'm in there... *phew*

leave a comment