<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

You got the hooch, you got the only sweetest thing in the world.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Sitting in Secret Recipe at Midvalley yesterday, four spoons submerged into a chocolate sundae, made me realize how much I'm going to miss everyone I've come to love these past 4 semesters. Come late October, I honestly don't know who I will keep in constant contact with. Although I intend to, it's easy to lose touch once proximity is threathened.

It pains me to a certain extent. You get into college, and the first two days are synonymous with uncomfortable silences and small talk. But then some kind of magic dust settles over the group, and from then on everything flows like water. Conversations are funnier and deeper, trips to the loo for two/three/one group. Making spontaneous trips to malls and watching a movie every Thursday. Having BBQs, birthday dinners and end-of-semester celebrations as a whole class.And as the semesters roll on, your network expands from five to ten-fifteen. You make friends with people you never thought you'll know. You even get close to the lecturers!

But everything has to end eventually. It might not be closure per se, but things will change. Of course I've thought about semester ending, and us graduating and eventually dispersing to pursue our own goals but I think it just hit me the hardest yesterday.

Aieh, the cons of having a Good Day. Classes passed by in a big breath of laughter, as was entertained by Matthew's finger puppets and Regina's act of vandalism (where I was co-delinquent). I laughed until Siva remarked I looked ready to explode.


Matty's Finger Show. Not as obscene as it sounds. Come one, come all.




Reunited and it feels so good.. We're still kids la, despite having knowledge on world issues.



Good Day was continued by a spontaneous trip to Midvalley because everyone was craving for some lasagne from Secret Recipe, which both Krsytle and I ordered (Lyn and Yi Wen had fish and chips). And it didn't end there. It was followed by a Chocolate Marashmallow cake and Chocolate Sundae. Felt too full and guilty to live after that.

And what's an outing with my best chicks without (window) shopping? Went around looking for dresses and two were successful in finding (but not buying just yet) the dress of their dreams. As for me, I fell in love with this skirt and 3 lovely tops. I have pictures but I made a vow to no longer be a camwhore.

Coming home from the mall, I just started contemplating on the past 1 and a half years. I'm so going to miss everyone once they leave Malaysia. Sigh.

College is evil that way. You make friends that last a lifetime, but they have to go away first.

  1. Blogger infinitium said:

    It's always sad when fellowships break up.... but not to worry, you'll find another friend worthy of accompanying you on Zara-escapades :D

    :)
    J

  1. Blogger Orange Genius said:

    At the mention of Secret Recipe, my tummy is growling ady. How I miss the cheese cake, choc swirl...::tummy growling:: Nice blog and you have a beautiful (half face) smile. ;)

  1. Blogger KinkyPugKevin said:

    I agree with Orange. Hungry already! :P

    Sad isn't it when friends have to leave? Hmmm i am so used to it i can't be bothered to much. Better things are always on the line. Shite, i sound... bad. Bad Kevin, bad bad me.

  1. Blogger Nadiah said:

    I hate when friends drift apart. Like at the end of Y tu mama tambien, you know?

    What are you doing after October then?

  1. Blogger deborah said:

    Me feel same here. :(

  1. Blogger sarah said:

    Jase,
    oh you mentioned Zara.. *goes into dream mode*

    Orange Genius,
    go and get the cakes already. :) and thanks for the compliment.

    kev,
    ah boy, you sound so cynical. :(

    Nadiah,
    i've yet to watch 'y tu mama tambien'.
    after october, i'll be here in malaysia still.

    deborah,
    :(

leave a comment