<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

It might as well be on a poster.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Malaysia's really quite a small place.
The blogging community in Malaysia is even smaller.
Someone always knows someone else and can somehow be connected to you.
Or, you could just be out and suddenly see a familiar-strange face.
Familiar, because, well. You've seen the face somewhere before; strange because you've not really met the person.
I don't usually type like this, but I am beginning to like this format.

I went out Friday and Sunday and in the two outings, saw 3 people whose lives I read about exclusively via blogging.
For example, Girl A recently got her car broken into. Girl B got herself a new bag, and Girl C recently finished (or was it started) her exams.
I know such details about their lives, yet I can't claim that I know them at all.
Quite freaky. And I feel like such a stalker. But I'm not, really- I'm rather normal and of average IQ.

Mind went through several similar wondering on both occasions:
"Hey, isn't that... ?"
"No it couldn't be!"
"Yes, it is!"
"Should I say HI!"
"No, too weird."
"Maybe I should get their autographs."
"God, I hope no one ever recognizes me when I'm out."

Now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't be such a camh0 and take my pictures off this blog and my LJ.

Ever unexpectedly saw someone you know only through blogging when you're out?

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    ohh yes..im having the same problem too. tats y i took down my pictures from my LJ.. just in case, you know.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    well, i have to say that, that is kind of scary, and freakin, however, i really want to meet some bloggers in real life

    http://weblog.nileshbabu.com/

  1. Blogger c.ho said:

    hahah.. that's why i didn't put my blog as a public blog.. but then again.. ppl may click links that lead to me.. oh well, but i guess these ppl are more like my close friends or acquaintances la..

  1. Blogger jingz 晶晶 said:

    sometimes, the internet is like another dimension other than the earth... in this dimension, we can claim that we know each other very well, had a special bond between us etcetc.. yet we couldn't relate ourselves to eacg other in the physical world...

    We are closer to each other in this dimension, yet more distant in the physical dimension.....

  1. Blogger ryuu said:

    yeah went out on bloggers meet b4

  1. Blogger K. Light said:

    So far I met 3 bloggers. Didn't know each other before, only read each other. It was weird but fun!

leave a comment