<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

The sorest of throats

Sunday, November 23, 2003

There's a flu going around, you have been warned. Pile up on your vitamins, sleep in warmth, be wary of everything you eat.

Avoid durians. Do not consume them in a ghastly manner as I did. Do not sneak downstairs in the middle of the night like a common thief. There's nothing more embarassing then being caught by your dad at 2 AM for eating durians. First, you have to explain that you're not greedy, just hungry and secondly, that you're honestly not addicted to them smelly fruits.

Ah, but I never thought durians to be smelly. There's something so incredibly irresistable about passing a durian stand by the road. There seems to exist an almost animal instinct in me for durians- I cry out, I throw a tantrum, I pout and whimper about absolutely needing durians.

And what do I have to show for my brief period of madness? A bloody sore throat. A bloody sore throat that has been aggravated by teaching little kids the finer points of air pressure.

You see, I went for my part-time thing today. I went the last 2 weeks and that went pretty well as I didn't have to conduct the whole workshop. This time I did. 2 hours of explaining what air pressure does, and what air pressure is. I didn't mind actually explaining the unexplainable (because I myself do not fully comprehend air pressure) but my God, I don't know what got into the kids today. They were running out of control, jumping out of their seats in between explanations and basically making me very nervous (boss was there).

However, there's something pretty magical about being around kids. Once you get pass their annoyance and arrogance (kids know everything, according to themselves) they're pretty fun to be around. For one thing, they never hide what they feel. There's no need for mind games or emotional wars. What you see is what you get. Sometimes I wish we, as adults (am I?), could take a leaf out of their frankness as it would sure help life out.

Does my butt look big in this? Yes.

It probably wouldn't work out so well in the initial stages but think of all the trauma and money you will save. At least it's your best friend that tells you your butt looks big in those pair of jeans and not the guy you've been eyeing; at least you save on a crappy pair of jeans- you could buy something else, something that doesn't make you look fat. Like a hat.

(Of course this is just a symbolism for something else. None of my friends' butt look big in anything. Really.)

Secondly, kids are wonderful because of how sincere they are. If they are amazed by shaving cream, they make no effort to conceal their surprise. Don't you hate it when you've produced something you know is great but then somebody else shoots it down because of their jealousy?

I have to end this rant here. Thunderstorms are brewing.

leave a comment