<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Dancing down memory lane

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I am boogie-ing while sitting down.

I am feeling so happy, innocent and childlike. And nostalgic.

The reason? Since yesterday night, I've been downloading songs from Take That. Anyone remember Gary Barlow, Jason Orange, Howard Donald, Mark Owen and Robbie Williams- all five combined to make the fab group of Take That?

If you don't, you don't know what you've been missing! I don't care if Take That was manufactured- they were my first loves. I cried when the news of their break-up was announced. Listening to them brings back only good memories of me in standard five, sitting with my best buddies and teasing the two boys at the back. It brings back memories of being in the school's choir and slathering on Abba-style blue eye shadow during my first choir performance. Yuckily enough, it also brings back the memory of the hideous yellow dress with puffy sleeves and lace that I had to wear for the performances. It reminds me of secret clubs that were formed to go against the "jahat" girls in the class. The only odour that I sense is the smell of rubberbands being used to make tali getah; the only taste that lingers is the one of stale currypuffs being sold at 20 cents per piece.

The past is such a great place to visit. Once in a while, heh.

Take That "Never Forget"
We've come a long way but we're not too sure where we've been
We've had success, we've had good times- but remember this...

Been on this path of life for so long- feel I've walked a thousand miles,
Sometimes strolled hand in hand with love- everybody's been there,
With danger on my mind I would stand on the line of hope,
and I knew I could make it,
once I knew the boundaries I looked into the clouds and saw,
my face in the moonlight,
just then I realised what a fool I could be,
just 'cos I looked so high I don't have to see me,
finding a paradise wasn't easy but still,
there's a road going down the other side of this hill

Never forget where you've come here from, never pretend that it's not real,
Someday soon this will all be someone else's dream..this will be someone else's dream

Safe from the arms of disappointment for so long,
feel each day we've come too far,
yet each day seems to make much more,
sure is good to be here,
I understand the meaning of "I can't explain this feeling" now,
and it feels so unreal,
at night I see the hand that reminds me of the stand that I make,
and the fact of reality

And we've come so far..and we've reached so high
and we've looked each day and night in the eye
and we're still so young..and we hope for more
but remember this
we're not invincible,
we're only people.

leave a comment