<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d5464479\x26blogName\x3dQUESARAH\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://quesarah.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d1790881057563968812', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

QUESARAH

Desktop Confessional

Firth Obsession

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Ever since my first viewing of the movie 'Bridget Jones' Diary', I've been having somewhat of a crush on the guy that plays Mark Darcy i.e. Colin Firth.

He's not really the type of guy I usually form celebrity crushes on but OMG, he has got so much of eccentric charm. I've watched BJD over 5 times I think, and the movie just gets better everytime I see it mainly because of how the 3 main actors carry their roles.

Anyway, back to Colin Firth. So yeah as I said, he's not the type of guy I usually form celebrity crushes on. My past celebrity crushes have included people like Paul Walker, Tobey Maguire, Olivier Martinez, Justin Timberlake (shut up!), etc. People who are incredibly blessed with looks. He is not conventionally good-looking when you first see him but he just gets to you, y'know?

He's so very talented too!! He's funny in 'The Importance of Being Earnest', quietly evil in 'Conspiracy' and sympathetic in 'The English Patient'. Oh ya he was in 'Shakespeare in Love" too as Gwyneth Paltrow's husband/boyfriend(?). Earl Wessex? And he is effing funny and sarcasting mwaha. What's not to love?

Now, because of him, I have finally read Jane Austen's book 'Pride and Prejudice' and is dying to see BBC's production of the same movie. I can't find it anywhere and it's driving me insane. I need my FIRTH!

Anyway. I just realized that some of you guys might not even know who the hell he is, eheh. Well here


Just clickety. :D




  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    I totally stumbled upon your blog about Colin Firth, aka... Mista Dossy... ( that's how you phonetically spell mr. darcy in british... ) :) ... so have you seen p&p 2 yet...if not I can help... I am a gimungus Austonian !
    you can e-mail me at mrsdegreek@myway.com

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said:

    Also stumbled upon your blog via Colin Firth recent obsession can't explain. Feel the damn same way as you. I saw P&P on Masterpiece theatre just became besotted of Colin Firth. Then bought Bridget Jones Edge of Reason and have watched it 5 times in 3 days. I can't get enough. I had seen the movie in the theatre and didn't give a toss about him before but suddenly there he is and I can't stop thinking about him, want to rent all his films, and just watch the same scenes over and over and over. I think it is his at first you see him being quite stern but it belies a real vulnerability he just can't express and we want to ply it out of him. Or something. Dunno. But right now I cannot get enough.

leave a comment